- v. 尖叫；发出尖锐的声音
- n. 尖利刺耳的声音
- [C] 尖锐的声音 screeching cry or noise
- vt. & vi. 发出尖叫声；发出粗而刺耳的声音 make a harsh,piercing sound
- vt. & vi. 高叫；尖叫 cry out in high tones
a high-pitched noise resembling a human cry;
"he ducked at the screechings of shells"
"he heard the scream of the brakes"
sharp piercing cry;
"her screaming attracted the neighbors"
make a high-pitched, screeching noise;
"The door creaked when I opened it slowly"
"My car engine makes a whining noise"
utter a harsh abrupt scream
- The child screeched insults at us.
- The gate screeched as it opened.
- The brakes screeched as the car stopped.
- He heard a screech of brakes and then fell down.
- The boy's screeches brought his mother.
- The brakes screeched.
- She screeched her disapproval.
- screech owl 凶兆预言者
We could hear..a railway train..and its discordant screech.出自： N. Hawthorne
She gave a screech of astonishment.出自： R. Park
Peacocks..screech regularly at dawn.出自： B. Vine
- screechy adj. 尖叫的