- 压痕，压印 ，印记，盖印
- [C]印象; 感想 deep lasting effect in the mind or feelings of sb
- [S]想法,看法,感觉 idea, feeling or opinion
- [C]滑稽模仿 an attempt to copy in a funny way the most noticeable parts of a person's appearance or behavior
- [C]印记,压痕 mark left by pressing an object hard into a surface
- [C]重印 reprint of a book
a vague idea in which some confidence is placed;
"his impression of her was favorable"
"what are your feelings about the crisis?"
"it strengthened my belief in his sincerity"
"I had a feeling that she was lying"
an outward appearance;
"he made a good impression"
"I wanted to create an impression of success"
"she retained that bold effect in her reproductions of the original painting"
a clear and telling mental image;
"he described his mental picture of his assailant"
"he had no clear picture of himself or his world"
"the events left a permanent impression in his mind"
a concavity in a surface produced by pressing;
"he left the impression of his fingers in the soft mud"
a symbol that is the result of printing or engraving;
"he put his stamp on the envelope"
all the copies of a work printed at one time;
"they ran off an initial printing of 2000 copies"
(dentistry) an imprint of the teeth and gums in wax or plaster;
"the dentist took an impression for use in preparing an inlay"
an impressionistic portrayal of a person;
"he did a funny impression of a politician"
the act of pressing one thing on or into the surface of another;
"he watched the impression of the seal on the hot wax"
- Her gentleness has given me a deep impression.
- I am surprised you've got an unfavorable impression of him.
- I had the impression that your boy hates school.
- The students did some marvellous impressions of the teachers at the end-of-term party.
- The well-printed book has a sharp, clean impression.
- The first edition of this dictionary has an impression of 10,000 copies and the total price is 1,000,000 yuan.
- She made a good impression on his mother.
- He did a brilliant impression of the president.
- There are the impressions of shoes in the mud.
- Seven impressions of the novel have been sold out.
- be under the impression that
以为 believe or think that
- correct〔create, dispel, gain, get〕 an impression 纠正〔产生,排除,得到〕一个印象
- deepen an impression 加深印象
- express one's impression 描述自己的感想〔印象〕
- forget an impression of 忘记对…的印象
- have an impression upon 对…有印象
- bad impression 坏印象
- chance impression 偶然的印象
- chief impression 主要印象
- deep impression 深刻的印象
- false impression 错觉
- favorable〔good〕impression 良好的印象
- first impression 第一印象,初次观感
- general impression 一般印象,总的印象
- loose impression 大体的印象
- mistaken〔wrong〕 impression 错误的印象
- agreeable impression 好印象,令人愉快的印象
- excellent impression 极好的印象
- impressions about〔of〕 对…的印象
The creation of the world is the impression of order on a previously existing chaos.出自： B. Jowett
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的impressioun，意为印象，感想，压痕。