- n. 嗡嗡声；哼声；杂声
- v. 发低哼声；哼(曲子)；活跃
- int. 哼；嗯（用以表示犹豫）
- （表示犹豫、困窘、不同意等）哼！呣 ！嗯！
- vt. & vi. 发出嗡嗡声; 哼 make a continuous low sound
- vi. 忙碌,活跃 be full of life or active
- [S]嗡嗡声 humming sound, esp. of an insect; indistinct murmur, esp. of many voices
the state of being or appearing to be actively engaged in an activity;
"they manifested all the busyness of a pack of beavers"
"there is a constant hum of military preparation"
an Islamic fundamentalist group in Pakistan that fought the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s; now operates as a terrorist organization primarily in Kashmir and seeks Kashmir's accession by Pakistan
a humming noise;
"the hum of distant traffic"
sing with closed lips;
"She hummed a melody"
be noisy with activity;
"This office is buzzing with activity"
sound with a monotonous hum
make a low continuous sound;
"The refrigerator is humming"
- He could hear the hum of the bees in the garden.
- His strong voice cut through the hum of conversation like a knife through butter.
- The background with all of my phones is totally silent, no hiss, hum at all, just total blackness.
- She heard the hum of voices in the house.
- You don't need to sing loud, you just hum softly.
- Hum the opening bars of your favourite tune.
- She was humming to herself.
- Things are starting to hum with activity.
- The whole place was humming with life when we arrived.
- Hum, you're joking!
- Hum! Trust you to make a mess of it.
- Remember, who agree you this siring outing, hum?
- The refrigerator motor hummed.
- The motor hummed pleasantly as the plane reached cruising speed.
- The bees were humming in the garden.
- The market hummed as trading began.
- The new manager soon made things hum.
- She hummed a folk song.
- She is humming a little tune.
- He often hums the song that he doesn't know the name.
- She is humming a song that I never heard before.
- She hummed her child to sleep.
- He hummed her to make her smile.
- No one can hum him to draw his attention.
- We hear the hum of conversation from the next room.
- hum around (v.+adv.)
在…周围不停地叫 hum never stop round sb or thing
hum sb/sth ? around
The machine hummed all around us in the factory.
The bees were humming around the hive.
- hum to (v.+prep.)
向…哼唱 sing to sb
hum sth to sb/oneself
He was humming a tune to himself.
He hummed the tune to me.
- hum with (v.+prep.)
忙于… be very busy with sth
- hum busily 忙碌地轧轧响
- hum hoarsely 嘶哑地哼着
- hum melodiously 有音律地哼唱
- hum monotonously 单调地哼哼
- hum musically 精通音乐地哼唱
- hum pleasantly 令人愉快地哼哼
- hum along 一路发出嗡嗡声
- hum around 嗡嗡地飞来飞去
- hum with 充满…的嗡嗡声
- a hum of conversation 嗡嗡说话声
I have found..the persistent hum of the traffic..remarkably soothing.出自： N. Bawden
Her real conversion..happened in semi-darkness, to the accompaniment of a low hum given off by the museum's slide projector.出自： R. Ingalls
All of a sudden..a 'hum' goes round about some politician or other.出自：Observer
They hummed and hawed and I could tell they weren't too interested.出自： J. Kelman