- n. 形成；队形；编队；构造；[地]地层
- [U]形成,构成 accumulation; organizing and developing of sth
- [C]形成物 thing that is formed
- [U]编队,排列 rank; arrangement
an arrangement of people or things acting as a unit;
"a defensive formation"
"a formation of planes"
the act of fabricating something in a particular shape
the act of forming or establishing something;
"the constitution of a PTA group last year"
"it was the establishment of his reputation"
"he still remembers the organization of the club"
(geology) the geological features of the earth
a particular spatial arrangement
natural process that causes something to form;
"the formation of gas in the intestine"
"the formation of crystals"
"the formation of pseudopods"
creation by mental activity;
"the formation of sentences"
"the formation of memories"
- Let us now examine the process of its formation.
- School life has a great influence on the formation of a child's character.
- The airplanes few over in formation.
- The troops lined up in parade formation.
- The warship is usually at the front of the whole formation.
- There are several kinds of cloud formations.
- Only connected interstices can act as elementary conduits within the formation.
- The deposits are grouped close to the present-day erosional edge of Kombolgie Formation rocks.
- This is the formation of a new government.
- The formation of national character interests me.
- New word formations have not regularity.
- The aircraft are flying in formation.
- warships in formation 列成队形的军舰
The atmosphere at home played an even greater role in the formation of his character.出自： J. Rosenberg